Commercialisation & Knowledge Management
- Providing technology commercialisation and planning advice and preparing legal documents for a patent pending airconditioning invention.
- Designing the business model and preparing an international agency contract and an Australian distribution contract for commercialisation of a medical device.
- Providing a management consultancy with commercialisation, intellectual property management and risk management advice comprising preparation of a set of integrated intellectual property licensing contracts, documents and accompanying training guides.
- Business development advice for an established multimedia development company with first level competencies in digital design.
- Business establishment advice for an enterprise software start-up, specialising in customer relationship marketing software in Asia.
- Ongoing commercialisation work for a company with a patented chemistry technology.
- Advising mortgage finance client on information security, electronic discovery, electronic information management, and document retention and destruction policies and protocols
IP, Technology & E-business
- Advising an e-commerce and web marketing venture regarding online ads for therapeutic goods subject to the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and Regulations and the Trade Practices Act 1974
- Registration of a trade mark for a training services and management consultancy, accompanied by branding advice and formulation of an intellectual property policy.
- Name infringement advice for an Australian winery entering the United States market and locally seeking to prevent use of its registered trade mark in business names registered by others.
- Preparing intellectual capital protection advice and a licensing agreement for a strategic planning management consultancy and training company.
- Advising an author regarding book publishing contracts - a copyright assignment contract and a ghost-writing contract.
- Developing a software support contract for an Web services company.
- Providing intellectual property and privacy law advice for an SMS marketing venture.
- Registration of a trade mark for a personnel agency associated with associated business re-structuring advice.
- Web software licensing for a seven figure sum to Telstra for a Web software development company.
- Drafting magazine and book fair purchase agreements for a childrens publishing and distribution company.
- Advice for a book publisher considering negotiations with a Net aggregater's site.
- Purchasing a dot com domain name for a US transnational book publisher.
- Registration of trade marks for numerous clients.
Corporate & Business Dealings
- To improve employee retention and management, developing a full set of employment contracts and other documents for a personnel agency for its recruitment, HR training and performance management processes.
- Guiding a client company regarding legal management of a potential crisis involving its employment law obligations and the email exchange of pornographic material by an employee; advice included preparation of an electronic communications policy.
- Purchase for a tourism publishing company of a tourism industry magazine and its associated photo library and Web media business.
- Structuring a charitable enterprise which is the owner of an adult and youth training program and intellectual property in published works.
- Acting for a seller in a sale of water taxi business.
- Acting for a start-up professional services accounting software development business, establishing business structures to protect ownership of intellectual property and to minimise legal risk.
- Sale of a Web hosting company for a seven figure sum plus shares and options to a US transnational.
- Advising a major streaming video and website development company in its general business needs.
- Business development and business dispute advice for a Web development and online branding company.
Finance & Securities
- Designing the business model and providing valuation and royalty rate advice for a handbag design and licensing contract between an Australian company and a Japanese wholesaler for the licensed products to be manufactured in China and distributed in Japan.
- Advising a website content owner on employment law and dissolution of a failed collaboration, valuation of its digital media content, and licensing intellectual property to a teleco for a new mobile phone service.
- Preparing negotiation deal points, proposal and television program protection guide for television cooking program producers and assisting program financing and licensing of cable television rights.
- Advising a food distribution company in regard to convertible notes.
- Advising a charity donor regarding tax implications for his charitable contributions.
- Business restructuring, involving partnership dissolution for a television producer with a very high rating TV program.
- Fundraising advice for a new technology enterprise.
- Advice for a forthcoming float of an established food wholesaler.
- Analysis and advice of remuneration options for a new technology business with patented technology.
- Assisting an electronics manufacturing company to resolve an industrial lease dispute with its lessor
- Acting for a food and homewares retailer with franchising plans for lease of retail premises.
- Acting for several lessee companies advising regarding commercial leases in CBD Sydney.
- Lease negotiation for improvement of leased commercial premises for a tourism industry accommodation company
- Assignment of a retail lease for a CBD Sydney bar and restaurant operator.
- Preparing a defence and cross-claim for a commercial litigation matter as regards a disputed and failed photography business sale transaction.
- Successfully defending a client company and its directors accused of breach of registered trade mark rights by use and registration of a .com.au domain name.
- Acting for a defendant by assisting the client to itself resolve a dispute with its former solicitors as regards their unpaid accounts.
- Acting for a plaintiff investor in commercial litigation regarding professional negligence by a stock market financial advise.
- Advising a software development company in relation to allegations of source code infringement and preparing written advice and a response which quickly resolved the claim.
- Advising a fashion goods manufacturer in regard to name infringement and the prevention of the use of its registered trade mark in business names registered by others.
- Drafting letter of demand for a consultancy company relating to intellectual property infringement on a website successfully requiring the infringer to cease all use.
- Successfully defending against an alleged breach of confidential information, claimed against a former executives of the plaintiff company.
- Advising a telecommunications industry reseller as regards disputed bills based on incorrect call data records; obtaining expert technical data analysis which provided a basis for the client to itself resolve the dispute.
- Defence, cross-claim and settlement advice in litigation acting for a website development company where its former client sought repayment of money paid during an aborted website and corporate identity development project.
- Advising a New York publishing company regarding its rights and obligations under a sale of goods transactions by it with an Australian company facing insolvency.
- Litigation regarding personal guarantees given for a trading company, acting for individual defendant guarantors.
- Litigation victory acting for an inventor against action over his patent rights to a chemical invention.
- Obtaining injunctions in the Supreme Court of NSW for a telecommunications reseller against a telco which sought to terminate service on the basis of alleged non-payment of accounts.
- Defence of a web site developer in its debt recovery proceedings against a debtor client.