Saturday, 27 August 2011 12:02
LLB (University of Wollongong); Bachelor of Arts, Visual Arts (City Art Institute, Sydney); Graduate Diploma (Visual Arts) UNSW; Diploma, Fine Arts, University of Sydney; Graduate Diploma in Further Education & Training, USQ
Samantha joined Dilanchian in mid-2009 after 15 years experience as an arts educator.
This included a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training and a Graduate Diploma of Further Education and Training.
This experience in visual media and conceptual thinking, followed by a degree in law, make her very suited to practice in copyright, trade marks, confidential information and other fields of intellectual property law.
Samantha's legal experience covers a wide range of areas of commercial law and IP and IT law:
- Trade mark registration and intellectual property dispute resolution
- Business law litigation
- Intellectual property auditing and licensing, including for software
- Drafting contracts for a range of business needs, including distribution of products, hiring employees, engagement of independent contractors under commission arrangements, shareholder agreements
- Contract and business documents preparation, standardisation, and management
- Copyright, brand and patent advice and trade mark and design registration
- Commercialisation of technology, intellectual property and inventions and innovation advice in particular in the technology, IT, Internet, e-commerce, publishing, film and television, and media industries
- Structuring enterprises - employee and contractor agreements; the sale, purchase and franchising of businesses
attest to the quality of her work at Dilanchian.
Samantha's industry experience includes:
- Software distribution and web development
- Professional services
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Publishing and advertising
Contact Samantha Waldon